Thursday, June 21, 2007

Anlene Orchard Mile - My First Race!




I ran my first race yesterday and I am glad I beat my own timing and myself. I managed to run nonstop, something that had been really tough for me, but I started slow and refused to stop, and finally sprinted in the last 80m. I had also visualised myself running down Orchard Road during training. Quan Yifeng was there and she was quite funny.




I had a timing chip with me so I was somewhere in front, but not right at the front. We had warm up earlier and the cameras kept filming me, but they took this part out totally during News. I managed to finish this under 11 minutes (I think, since I need to wait for the results to be out). Usually in the gym, I take fastest, 14 minutes. I did this Roger Banister article in Secondary School, about how this man ran the mile under four minutes! I took like three times the time he took, but according to the papers, the faster women participating in the race ran in four minutes plus. One mile is about 1.6km.




I got a flower and a medal for finishing the race! After that, I took the train back to Dhoby Ghaut to collect my goody bag before going off for my course. More on that another time.

No comments: