Friday, September 7, 2007

Pilates vs Yoga: Pilates is better

Pilates is fantastic! I have read about Pilates many years ago, and I cannot believe it took me so long to join my first class. There was a lot of muscle toning without vigorous exercises, and just after one session, I felt my muscles were toned, and my arms were no longer flabby.

In fact, I think Pilates is even better than yoga. My body does not ache that much after classes, and yet I feel great. Actually, Pilates comes from yoga, but it is more into body sculpting compared to yoga, which is more into holistic spiritual development. This includes more callisthenic-style exercises and stretches compared to the Pilates that use machines.

We used our legs to draw circles in the air, and we also raised our legs. A member in the class mentioned that the instructor had lost all her pregnant fats within a short period of time. Pilates must really work then. My legs threatened to shake uncontrollably, but it was not as bad as yoga.

I just found an audio that teaches Pilates. So far, I found the instructions clear, and easy to follow. I seriously think I can do this at home. I think my tummy will definitely flatten in time for my wedding photos.

I think I will be on task to reach my goal if I keep up with cardio exercises and toning exercises.

3 comments:

Teresa Shiu said...

Personally i feel Pilates is better than yoga, at least for my own body. If you are interested to know more about Pilates, feel free to browse my blog: http://p-latte.blogspot.com, you can leave me messages or questions and we can exchange opinion and ideas :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the OLED, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://oled-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Hey, I’m a new blogger you can find here at http://pilatesinfoguide.com, and your site is very related to mine; I thought it would be beneficial for both of us to do a blogroll link exchange. Please let me know if you’re interested

Thanks,

Justin
justin@pilatesinfoguide.com